Most people think that they need a website to make money online with affiliate marketing, but that simply is not true!
If you have a website then it is good but even if you don’t have any website then also you can make money online by doing affiliate marketing with amazon, I will tell you both the ways.
Let’s have a look at what is affiliate marketing.
What is Affiliate Marketing?
- Affiliate Marketing is an advertising model where a company pays the commission to the third-party publishers to generate leads to the company’s products.
- In simple words, you refer people to a company’s products through a special link and you can make a commission from people who complete the associated task.
What are the Best Affiliate Networks?
- CJ Affiliate by conversant
- Amazon associates
- Flipkart Affiliate Program
- Other Affiliates program
Let’s have a look at some live examples and case study on affiliate marketing
- Affiliate marketing is the primary source of income for many successful bloggers.
- Popular Indian YouTubers like Sharmaji Technical, use Affiliate marketing to make money from their channel.
- Coupon and cashback websites like grabon.in and cashkaro.com also use affiliate marketing as their monetization strategy.
Step1: Choose a Niche
- Authority in a niche:-It is very important to select a niche carefully because if you select a low competition niche, it will be comparatively easy to become the authority in the eyes of Google and your readers.
- Understanding niche:- As you select a niche you will be pursuing only one subject due to which you will be having expertise in that particular niche.
What makes up a Good Niche?
I have mentioned some of the factors to select a Good niche while doing affiliate marketing with amazon.
Is There a Lot Of Competition in the Niche?
Obviously, there are some niches like weight loss or recipes which we don’t recommend. The best way to check a particular niche’s competition is to look at what the search results show when you search for long-tail keywords.
Do research find products which suit your niche, look at the brands are there any brands?
if there are then it is a good sign.
Is the Niche product Focused?
By product focused we mean are equipment in order to do the task.
You can get search volume by doing simply keyword research to see if there is a lot of volume around the product focused keyword in that niche like product review or “best product for X”.
How profitable to promote a product in that niche?
As you can see in the table below, the Amazon Associates program has varying payout percentages based off of what category a particular item falls under.
We would suggest you go to the products category which payout at least 4% or more.
Promoting low commission payout products can have a high conversion rate but it will be hard to earn a substantial amount of income.
Promoting high commission products has the opposite problem, with too low conversion rate, hence we choose the way between them.
To further research the profitability of promoting certain products, you should look for niche websites on Flippa to see their average earnings per thousand page views.
Any website that earns above $80 per 1,000 page views suggests that the products/keywords that are targeted on that website are decent earners.
It is being said that some products/keywords can be still highly profitable even if they have lower earnings per 1000 page views due to more/easier traffic potential.
Is there a lot of searches for “how-to” and product-focused searches in the niche?
We prefer to write product-focused articles and tutorials mixed.
Tutorials should be simple enough so that people can do by themselves and complicated enough to require a tutorial.
This could help you to sell your products.
Step2:Do keyword research
Now you have chosen your niche now it’s time to find out articles/keywords that are profitable to rank in that niche.
As we have mentioned earlier we will recommend for a mix of buyer intent keywords and product information intent keywords.
To determine what percentage of buyer intent keywords and product intent keywords must put in the article.
If for example your main monetization is amazon associate program then we would recommend you to keep 20% of buyer intent keywords and 80% of product informational keywords.
If you are new to SEO don’t know anything about it then I will highly recommend you to go through the below-mentioned article.
To read that article click here.
We would suggest you keep long-tail keywords because long-tail keywords are questions and are easy to rank.
If you don’t know what long-tail keywords are they are simply multiple words instead of 1-2 words.
For example for this website “How to Make Money With Affiliate Marketing and Amazon (Without a Blog)” instead of “How to Make Money With Affiliate Marketing ” is easier to rank for us.
Select a free content publishing platform
There are some benefits of owning a website and more than that by publishing content on authority sites like youtube, LinkedIn, Facebook if you want to make video content.
Some of those benefits are:
- High trust and authority from search engines
- You can rank much faster (about 2-4 months)
- You can also do link building by adding a backlink of your website in the high authority sites.
- Well, known sites that host 3rd party content often get better click-through rates due to brand recognition. This usually leads to higher rankings and more traffic.
Usually, we find that articles published on high authority sites like LinkedIn take about 2-8 months to trend, so allow them time to settle down.
If you have properly done keyword research, content writing, and published on a high authority then no one will be able to stop you from ranking in search results.