In today’s world of competition, it is necessary to rank as high as possible in search results and it is possible by an effective SEO strategy.
However, so many aren’t sure how to rank a new website on Google fast.
Before, moving forward let’s have a look at why the hell it is necessary to rank your website in search engine results.
Why SEO is important?
- The majority of search engine users (more than 65% – see graph below) are more likely to click on one of the top 5 suggestions in the search engine results pages (SERPS). To take advantage of this and gain visitors to your web site or customers to your online store, your website needs to appear in one of the top positions.
- SEO is not only about search engines but good SEO practices improve the user experience and usability of a web site.
- Users trust search engines and having a presence in the top positions for the keywords the user is searching, increases the web site’s trust.
- SEO is good for the social promotion of your web site. People who find your web site by searching Google or Yahoo are more likely to promote it on Facebook, Twitter, or other social media channels.
- SEO is important for the smooth running of a big web site. Web sites with more than one author can benefit from SEO in a direct and indirect way. Their direct benefit is an increase in search engine traffic and their indirect benefit is having a common framework (checklists) to use before publishing content on the site.
- SEO can put you ahead of the competition. If two web sites are selling the same thing, the search engine optimized website is more likely to have more customers and make more sales.
Lets have a look at the two types of SEO
- On-page SEO
- Off-page SEO
On-page optimization(On-page SEO) refers to all measures that can be directly within the website to improve its position in search rankings
Tips to rank your brand new website on google fast
- Place title with target keyword
- Place keyword in the first 100 words
- Use SERPs.com to check your keyword rank
- Utilize external links
- Use click-worthy meta descriptions
- Use the target keyword in the URL
- Post lengthy content
- Add internal links to your website
- Use less competitive long-tail keywords
- Image optimization
- Make sure the loading speed of your site is superfast
- Your website should be mobile responsive
1.Place title with target keyword
Keyword Research:-Keyword research is when people use keywords to find and research actual search terms that people enter into search engines.
- The title of the article describes its content, and as such, a keyword-rich title is much considered by Google.
- Generally, nearer the title is to the beginning of the title tag the more consideration it has with google search engines.
- You can see this by searching for competitive keywords, you can search for competitive keywords easily by using the below-mentioned tools.
- Most pages that rank for competitive keywords are placed at the beginning of their title tags.
- Although it’s not necessary it is wise to do because it will make your website more relevant to what people search for.
2.Use SERPs.com to check your keyword rank
If you’ve been targeting specific keywords in page content, use SERPs.com to assess your rank.
Type in your keyword (I used “content marketing” in this example) and your site URL. You also have other options like looking at Yahoo results, choosing between desktop or mobile, and drilling down on local rankings by city or ZIP code.
- The results page will show a few items:
- Where your site ranks in search engines for the term
- The first page on your site that comes up in search results for the topic
- Your average monthly searches
- Your average cost-per-click for the keyword (for a paid search like Google AdWords)
3.Place keyword in the first 100 words
- Ideally one must start putting keywords in article within first 100 words.
- So many bloggers put large introduction without bothering about the keywords.
- This is not advisable because of Google wouldn’t find it very relevant in search results.
- Putting a keyword near the beginning of the article confirms that Google has less time to understanding the topic and relevance of article.
4.Utilize external links
- So many people make the mistake of not including external links to their website/articles.
- External links show Google that the article is both valid and informative and both are important for ranking.
- Just make sure that the links are important enough to your content and are from high-quality sources.
- So make sure that you add high-quality external links to your article/website.
5.Use click-worthy meta descriptions
- Meta descriptions are one of the most important and visible elements next to your title tag and URL that convince visitors to click on your website.
- If you want traffic to your article and website then make sure that you write an informative and attractive meta description
- Your meta description should arouse the curiosity of visitor within a limit of 150 words
- Write meta description in such a way that you too click on the same result after reading meta description
- The same mentality extends to your audience, you will be able to see results naturally.
6.Use the target keyword in the URL
- Keywords are crucial or can be said backbone of On-page SEO, you need to pay a lot of attention to them.
- Search engines continuously keep on ranking better websites, it is not enough to put content with random keywords and hoping for the website to rank in search results.
- Note: Don’t insert keywords forcefully, insert keywords where they make sense.
7.Post lengthy content
- Studies have shown that lengthy content helps to rank in Google.
- Keep the target of 2000 words per article and at least each article must contain 1000 words to rank at a better position in search results.
- This would certainly help in long-tail traffic, this would speed up your site’s exposure.
- Lengthy content not only helps in adding more keywords but also informative this could be a crucial way to rank your website fast in search results.
- The authenticity of a post increases with lengthy content, which means Google will consider it as something more important than a shorter and concise text.
- While writing an article that you want to draw people’s attention with, you must keep in mind doing proper research before writing the first word.
- Make sure that you have all relevant information before you start or all information for what visitor is looking for.
- Additionally, grammar should be faultless.
- A perfect article is a combination of both elaborate and grammatically accurate.
8.Add internal links to your website
- Internal links decrease the bounce rate of a website and optimization as it links to the different pages of the domain together.
- When link juice is spread viewers stay on the website longer and site traffic also increases.
- It is also good for navigation purposes.
- It will also help in decreasing the bounce rate of your website.
- The bounce rate is calculated as the percentage of visitors enter the site and then leave rather than continuing to view other pages within the same site.
- Easy and accessible internal linking will naturally decrease the percentage of people leaving the website.
- Also, Google bots are designed to compute user behavioral patterns and evaluate your website.
- A smart and efficient network of links on the pages helps crawlers find regions that are not frequently visited by the users, thus boost your site’s ranking.
- Wikipedia is skilled at using internal linking which is proof whenever you visit their pages
- They use keyword-rich internal links to every entry
- However, don’t overdo it, I recommend 2-4 internal links of your older posts when you post a new one
9.Use less competitive long-tail keywords
- Long-tail keywords are queries that are more specific than short-tail keywords.
- Hence, long-tail keywords are more targeted and less competitive than short-tail keywords.
- If you have just started SEO for your completely new website then I would recommend you concentrate on long-tail keywords.
- The truth is that you can’t rank your new website with a single-word keyword, to optimize your new blog on “SEO” is hardly possible.
- Take a look at Google search engine results for the keyword “SEO”. There are about 74,20,00,000 results for this single phrase which is a huge number. This is where long-tail keywords and proper page optimization come into play.
- Instead, you can target the keyword “basic SEO tips for beginners” this long-tail keyword is less competitive as compared to “SEO”.
- Simply you can also use the above-mentioned tools for keyword research.
- The question of how to rank a website fast is common but people overlook the importance of keywords as an important contributor for ranking and traffic.
- Ensure images on your website include “Alt text” with the target keyword.
- This will improve the optimization of your blog/article and make a clearer picture of your blog to the search engines.
- Images are an important part of your website, as they make your website both informative and attractive.
- Optimizing images will naturally boost your ranking, also your image will rank high in Google image search results.
11.Make sure the loading speed of your site is superfast
- A slow-loading website is not only bad for the visitor but also for search engine optimization.
- A slow-loading website can make your website rank lower in the search engine results.
- This can result in fewer visitors and less ad revenue or customer conversions for you.
- There are several ways to boost the speed of your website.
- You should go with a better hosting company for better speed I will highly recommend you to go with “Siteground” because Siteground is the best hosting provider company.
- Next, compress your image size by using a free tool available on Google “compressjpeg.com” which will compress the size of your image and help you in increasing the speed of your website.
- Do not use unnecessary plugins more number of plugins will decrease the loading speed of your website.
- So try to minimize plugins.
- You can check the speed of your website by using tools Pingdom and GTmetrix.
12.Your website must be mobile responsive
- Mobile responsive websites display on mobile devices like smartphones and tablets in a user-friendly way.
- This means that when a user pulls the site up on their smartphone, he or she does not have to pinch and zoom to read the content and click on links.
- This makes it easy to read and easy to use on a smartphone, avoiding any excess effort
- The recommended Google setup is Fluid Responsive Design.
- Responsive design describes a website whose width and size is proper according to mobile devices.
- Obviously, the more mobile responsive design is equal to more number of visitors.
- You can test the responsiveness of your website by using the Mobile-Friendly Test tool by Google.
It refers to actions taken outside of your own website to impact your rankings within the search engine results pages (SERPs).
- Put high-quality backlinks only
- Broken link building
- Guest post on relevant blogs
- Be active on social media
- Promote your new blog
- Stay updated with Google’s algorithm
- Follow Google’s guidelines
- Most important tools for Off-page SEO
1.Put high-quality backlinks only
A backlink is created when one website links to another.,the link between the two websites is the backlink
- Backlinks are the core of Off-page SEO.
- Link building is the most important – and the most challenging – SEO strategy in Off-page SEO.
- The truth is, without any high-quality backlinks, your website won’t rank for competitive and high traffic keywords.
- The websites with the most valuable and relevant backlinks will ultimately rank over the rest. But, the tricky part is how you will get those quality backlinks? Well, today I’m going to show you one of my favorite tactics to get high-quality backlinks.
Ther are two kinds of backlinks
- Follow backlink
- Nofollow backlink
Let’s understand them one by one
Follow backlinks:-Follow backlinks allow search engines and humans to follow them to reach websites.
Nofollow backlinks:-Nofollow backlinks attributes do not follow search engine bots to follow the link, it does not pass on link juice.
2.Broken link building
- The broken link-building tactic is about identifying broken links on websites from your business niche
- The main focus is to replace broken links with an active one heading towards your content.
- This method creates an opportunity for SEO link building because nobody wants to have broken links on their website.
- If you find any broken link to the topic then you can contact the website owner and inform him about it, as you have done a favor to him you can ask to put your backlink on his website.
- Your content must be relevant, informative, and useful to replace the backlink of your website.
- You need a tool to check backlink in my experience the best available tool is Check My Links.
- First, you have to install the extension in your Google Chrome browser. Once installed, it will appear as a little checkmark icon beside your address bar. When you click on it, it will immediately start scanning all the links on a particular web page. If a link is broken or dead, it will be highlighted in red, and the error will be shown right beside the text (e.g., “404”).
- Let’s say you have a website on “virtual assistance.” Go to Google and search with one of the following search strings.
- virtual assistant intitle:resources
- virtual assistant inurl:resources
- virtual assistant inurl:useful links
- virtual assistant + “useful links”
- virtual assistant + “resources”
- To detect broken links, open all the results one by one and scan each page using Check My Links plugin.
- Once you find one, write an email to the website owner about the dead link and kindly request to replace it with your active page.
- Now the question is how would you contact the owner of the website?
- You can use Google tool “email hunter” to contact the owner.
3.Guest Post on relevant blogs
A guest post is an article written on someone else’s blog. When you write on your own blog it is just “post” , but om someone else’s blog then the writer is “guest “.
- The benefits of guest blogging are clear
- You land backlinks from authority sites.
- People look up to you as an expert.
- Targeted traffic flood to your website.
- Finding blogs to guest post via Google search strings
- Some of the search strings are mentioned below
- write us “your topic”
- Your keyword + “guest post by”
Let’s say your topic is the virtual assistance.
Go to the Google and search for “virtual assistance”+ “Guest post by”
Also, you can use Google reverse image search, utilize Twitter and Google to find more posts, and go to alltop.com which has a complete list of the best blogs on the net
4.Be active on social media
- Google doesn’t hold much importance on social media as far as ranking is concerned you can increase your site’s popularity by being active on social media like Twitter, Facebook, Google+ also Instagram can not be forgotten because Instagram has a very highest audience.
- The more you put links to social media higher the chances are people will visit your blog and increasing the traffic.
5.Promote your new blog
- Promoting blogs is important due to this people will come to know about the existence of your blog, increasing traffic
- The more you promote the more popular your blog will be and this will increase traffic and relevancy of your blog.
- Before posting a new piece of your blog reach out to the influential blogger.
- With, Linkedin you can reach the inbox of an influential blogger if you don’t have their email address.
- Contact the people who have shared similar content
6.Stay updated with Google's algorithm
- Earlier it was easy to fool Google. Black hat ways were used to get the website in the top results of Google search engine rankings.
- Now, only white hat ways of SEO works.
- Now with new Algorithm updates Google have become smarter.
- Panda and Penguin are major updates of Google
7.Follow Google's guidelines
- Google’s guidelines include some common wrong ways but Google may respond negatively for misleading practices.
- Make pages keeping in mind that you are making for users not for search engines.
- Don’t cheat users, avoid tricks to improve rankings in search results.
- A good rule of thumb is whether you’d feel comfortable explaining what you’ve done to a website that competes with you, or to a Google employee.
- Useful questions to ask to yourself : “Does this help my users? Would I do this if search engines didn’t exist?” Think about what makes your website unique, valuable or engaging. Make your site stand out from others in your field.”
- These guidelines are absolute as Google is the most popular and efficient search engine out there
8.Most important tools for Off-page SEO
Last but not least or maybe one of the most important tips to rank your website faster.
Here I recommend some of the most important tools which are important in SEO.
- Ahrefs:- Helps to grow our search traffic, research our competitors and monitor our niche
- Moz:- Moz uses proven SEO metrics such as domain authority and Page Authority.
- Buzzstream:-Buzzstream is the best outreach management and white hat backlink building software out there.
- Email hunter:-Email hunter easily extracts email addresses from pages as you visit them and autosaves them all.
- Check my links:-Check my links is a link checker that crawls through your web page and looks for broken links, this version includes nofollow links.
- SimilarWeb:-SimilarWeb uses dark magic to display traffic sources, geo some more extremely useful information.
Share this article